Te-waza: Hand technique
Morote Seoi Nage: Two arm shoulder throw
Attacker takes hold of you with kumi uchi. Start by breaking the attackers balance (kuzushi), then step in with the left leg and turn to your right to fit your right shoulder under the attackers right underarm. Take hold of both arms and lock elbows straight, twist to the left and complete seoi nage. Maintain zanshin/situational awareness.
What you will learn today:
- Learn a variation on Seoi Nage.
- A shoulder throw applied to one arm.
- How to counter/defend against this throw.
- How to "trap" an attacker into this throw.
- When/how to properly apply it in a real life encounter.
- Learn the root of this throw lies in muso dori.